Sunday, February 3, 2008

Introduction

This blog was created to help researchers, students and other interested people find the local names of Philippine fishes.
The items are arranged by province, then by local name, followed by English name, scientific name, then by Family names.
If the source does not specify the exact province, then it will stay as is.
I painstakenly checked correct spelling of each species. But in case there are some lapses, please let me know so that immediate correction/s will be made.
Updates will be done from time to time.

2 comments:

Percoo said...

Your blog was my primary resource when I was writing this post in my blog: http://retirednoway.wordpress.com/2011/03/18/dried-salted-fish/.

There was a fish the locals called "bararawan" and as my captions stated, the fish's identity was left unclear. Perhaps you could help clear up the confusion?

Thank you.

Carnation said...

hello there, how do i contact you? can you pls email me? thanks